Have you been considering a bathroom remodel but don’t know where to start? Do you feel overwhelmed by choices? Do you and your partner have different ideas? Fortunately, the Oregon Remodelers Association has put together a list of questions to help guide the design process of your new bathroom. Discussing and answering the questions below will help you identify the features that are important to you.
- What features would make the bath more comfortable for you?
- How would you like to use your bath?
- Is this a family bath or master bath?
- How many people will be using it?
- Are there enough sinks and counter space for everyone?
- Are there enough baths in the house or should you consider adding another room? (This is usually a concern as children reach their teen years and also with expanding families.)
- Do you prefer to take showers or baths? If you like baths, would you prefer a tub and shower combination unit or separate facilities? Have you always wanted a claw foot tub or would you rather install a whirlpool?
- Do you have adequate storage? (Make a list of all the items you need to store in the bath to ensure proper storage space in the plan. This list also should include cleaning agents, toiletries, linens, first aid items and medications. Indicate on this list where in the room you would like to store each of these items. For example, you may want some of the toiletries in the shower area, while others will be used by the sink or dressing area. Storage is one of the biggest concerns in any design, particularly in rooms as small as the typical bath. Carefully consider this aspect of the room during your pre-planning phase.)
- Have you considered the lighting in your bath?
- Have you considered newer water-saving fixtures? (You can still obtain a water rich environment with water-saving features.)
Still feel lost after answering these questions or did they help finalize some ideas? Are you ready to make that dream bathroom a reality? No matter where you are in the process of your bathroom design, our designers are here to help you achieve your dream bath. Give Powell Construction a call at 541-752-0805 to get your bathroom project started.