Have you been thinking of a bathroom remodel but think it’s not in the budget? Bathroom remodeling doesn’t have to break the bank – especially if your into DIY projects. Here are some low-cost remodeling ideas from Oregon Remodelers Association to give this important space a fresh look.
- Limit the tiles. The costs for intricate tiles and the work involved installing them can quickly add up. Limit the tiling to high-impact areas or combine artistic tiles with less expensive ones.
- Paint. A fresh coat of paint in a new color can give a bathroom an instant, inexpensive facelift.
- Fixture updates. Change the faucets, door knobs, towel racks, lighting and drawer pulls in the bathroom. In addition to home improvement stores, get creative and check out the selection at a retailer who sells salvaged items.
- Go green. While working on a bathroom remodeling project, find ways to help the Earth, conserve water and save energy. Ideas include installing low-flow plumbing fixtures and a tankless water heater.
- Refinish and reface. Instead of buying a new tub or new cabinetry, have a bathroom remodeling contractor refinish an outdated tub and reface cabinets that are still in good condition.
- Creative cabinetry. If you need a new vanity for your sink, repurpose another piece of furniture. For example, cut a hole in the top of a dresser or an entryway table and add a drop-in sink.
- Skirt the sink. If you hate the exposed plumbing and shelves under your sink, make a fabric skirt for a shabby chic look.
- Good-bye, medicine cabinet. Get rid of an outdated medicine cabinet and replace it with a large, framed mirror. This single change will make the room brighter and seem bigger.
If you still need guidance on your project, don’t know where to begin, or if DIY just isn’t your thing, give the designers at Powell Construction a call at 541-752-0805. They can help you get started on creating the bath of your dreams all within your budget.