This week we finished installing the “under-floor” heating and plumbing systems, and put floor decking over the floor joists. Now that the decking is on we can start building the walls. Before we installed the floor decking, we had to do some more digging. Remodeling can often throw you some curve balls and this week was a good illustration of that. We discovered a concrete sewer line that had to be replaced. It took three days to excavate, install and backfill over the new sewer line. It took a lot of moving of dirt, as well. Luckily, our crew made quick work of everything and we are still on schedule, and the piles of dirt in the picture have all but disappeared.